Re: (ASCEND) Directed broadcasts on Ascend

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Phillip Vandry wrote:

> I normally have no complaints/whinings to make, but this is ridiculous.
>
> Nice idea to but options for rejecting directed broadcasts in 6.0.0,
> but why are they forwarded (set to Yes) by default?

RFC1812 section 5.3.5.2:

]   A router MAY have an option to disable receiving
]   network-prefix- directed broadcasts on an
]   interface and MUST have an option to disable
]   forwarding network-prefix-directed broadcasts.
]   These options MUST default to permit receiving
]   and forwarding network-prefix- directed
]   broadcasts.

Regards,
Damien Miller