Re: (ASCEND) open modem - and back?

On Sat, Mar 07, 1998 at 10:48:52PM +0100, Dr. Wolfgang Beneicke wrote:
> Very basic question:
> after opening a modem on a MAX1800 from the terminal server command
> line, how do I get out of it again?
> Tried ATH and some others...(hey I'm not really stupid, just
> inexperienced :-)

AFAIR this is printed in TFM. Anyway, it is:

^C^C^C

(three ETX in rapid succession) will bring you back to the TS prompt.
You then say

> close

to finally close the modem (else you could reattach AFAIK).

Plugging Modems on a TCP port with Password protection is a better
solution IMHO. To drop the connection you just FIN it ;)

BTW, is there actually some statement to MaxDial for Win95 that you may
only use it to talk to Ascend boxes ? It would make a great tool to use
Modems and ISDN Cards in Linux boxes as well and the protocol is not hard
to implement ;)

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |