Re: (ASCEND) P50 and 6.0...

> Is any one experiencing P50 reboots with 6.0???
> I ran the beta and had no problems....

I am sorry, but it is not clear from your message, why you are asking.

If you are not experiencing reboots and you had success with the beta
then you should upgrade.

Are you experiencing reboots (e.g., fatal errors) on your P50?
If so, then it doesn't really matter whether anyone else is or not.
You have a problem that needs to be resolved.  The way you get the
problem resolved is to let the developers know there is a problem.

The easiest way to do this is to send the fatal error log to Ascend
and get them to look at it.  To get the log, you need to connect to
the serial port of or telnet to your Pipeline.  Enter Diagnostic mode.

You can enter Diagnostic mode in two different ways.

The first is to use a "DO" command.  You can select a "DO" command by
entering a ctrl-d (pressing the "control" key and "d" keys at the same
time) a console window.  You will want to select the "D=Diagnostics"
DO command.

The second is to enter the command "Esc [ Esc =" (where Esc represents
the Escape key) in less than three seconds.

Once you are in Diagnostic mode you will see a ">" prompt.

Enter the command "fatal-history" (which may be abbreviated to "fat")
and capture the output.

You can exit from Diagnostic mode using the "quit" command.

Send the output to Ascend Customer Service via electronic mail to
support@ascend.com

Make sure you include your model numbers, part numbers and revisions,
software versions and a description of the problem sufficient to
reproduce it (if it seems related to a specific action).

You will then receive an email response indicating the ticket response
number assigned to your issue.  When you get back your ticket number,
which means that the information is now on hand with customer service
so call them at (800) 272-3634 between 6:00am and 6:00pm PST.  Make sure
you have your ticket number when you call.

Find out if the problem is a known problem.  If so, make sure you get
the "TR" number.  This is the number you will need to check the release
notes for, to find out if your problem has been fixed.

If the problem is not a known problem, ask them to contact you as soon
as they have a "TR" number.  If you don't hear back within 2 working days,
make sure you call again to follow up and get the "TR" number.

Keep in mind that you may just have a misconfiguration that is causing
the problem.  If so, then as the doctor says "don't do that", but also
ask them to open a low priority "TR".  Even if it is a misconfiguration,
the software should not crash!  But it won't be a high priority because
there is a work-around.

Always save your original ticket number.  If you want to avoid having to
give a lot of contact information each time you call, make sure you also
get your "Caller ID".  After that they will usually just ask you a few
questions to make sure your contact information is up to date (and that
you have the right number).