Re: (ASCEND) Disconnect cause code

At 10:00 AM 3/6/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Two things.
>
>(1) When the customer disconnects normally, you get cause code 45 (LCP
>terminate).  However, if the customer's modem drops carrier immediately
>after issuing the terminate command, it is possible for the Max to process
>the lost carrier before the terminate command.  That results in cause 11
>from an otherwise normal disconnect.  Usually, cause 11 is nothing to worry
>about.

I know the code 45 is normal. However, whenever I was disconnected during a
big file transfer, the code is always 11.

>(2) Check the version number of the firmware in the K56 modem.  If it is
>V0.5 something or lower, disconnecting during large downloads was
>"normal" behavior.  It results from the modem failing retrain during the
>download.

I will look into that. I also talked to Ascend TAC and they said the
eariler version of software code has this bug in it. He suguested to
upgrade to p42. He seems not very keen on the 6.0

>I'm amazed at the number of cause 185's you have since I've never seen one
>on my system.  My understanding it that 185 is caused by the phone company
>disconnecting the call.

185 code is normal. (it is disconnected because of remote hangup) It is in
the menu.

Daniel