Re: (ASCEND) Upgrade procedures: so simple. Not!

>On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Peter Lalor wrote:
>
>> To upgrade a Netopia, you go to their web site and tell them the model of
>> your router. They tell you a filename. Then you tell your Netopia to
>> upgrade to the new firmware from Netopia's TFTP server. When it's done, it
>> resets and comes up under the new load. With it's config. Every time.
>	Just curious, what happens if the net connection goes down during
>the upgrade??

Dunno. Hasn't happened to me yet. I imagine you either end up where you
were, or with no config, or with a doorstop. Probably exactly as it is
doing remote TFTP upgrades with Pipelines. Netopia does warn you not to
mess with it until it's done.

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com