Re: (ASCEND) Returning to a fat load from an extended load

> Can I load a fat load after loading an extended load?

The release notes are your friends.

 "All versions of software 5.0A or above support fat loads."
  MAX 6.0.0 Release Note, page 15

So, "yes" is the answer.

> Is there any special procedure I should follow?

The release notes do not provide explicit prodecures for downrev.  However,
you should probably treat it as any other "upgrade".

    tsave your configuration before starting
    tloadcode your "new" software
    fsave your configuration to flash
    nvramclear your memory

You probably want to test it in a local MAX before you try it on a remote
system to reduce the chance that you need to go out on site to restore a
system.