Re: (ASCEND) Re: v.90

At 07:50 PM 2/28/98 -0500, Jason Nealis wrote:
>On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>> >Boston
>>
>> Yes, usually involuntarily as well.
>
>Bwhahaha, Hell, Let's just say East Coast. In regards to testing and
>betaing, Let me just say, I've been trying to get my hands on V.90
>code for the longest time. You think Ascend would have learned in the
>past to open up that beta program to the people that beat their code
>into submission daily.

We have. It's only the larger ISP/carriers that have the capacity to
test on non-production units.

> Ascend says it's in beta in several different places throughout the
>country, But you are not going to find the majority of the problems at
>the Mom and Pop shops that run 1 - 2 max's.

It's not Mom & Pop shops testing this stuff out. They don't have the
spare MAXen to do this kind of testing. We do use larger installations
- I'll not name them, but I'm sure you know *who* I'm talking about!

Kevin