(ASCEND) RADIUS auth via NDS

We just got our first Ascend product, a Max 800 (which was a surprise to us,
since we ordered a 200 Plus, which the Max 800 has apparently replaced).

Does anyone with more knowledge know if the Max 800 is just a rebadge of the
200 Plus or if there is more to it?  It seems to have the same attributes as
the 200 Plus (1 ethernet, 8 PCMCIA slots).

It's currently running the shipped software revision 7.0b7 -- I've seen a
non-beta rev 7 mentioned here.  Is upgrading to new non-beta releases
considered generally safe, or is it generally a wait-and-see-how-stable kind
of a thing?

I've configured the Max to authenitcate via RADIUS to our Netware NDS tree,
and it seems to be working well -- no problems to report.  I'm just curious
if this is a configuration anyone else uses and if there are gotchas I
should look out for.

I have noticed that the Max will try to get some configuration information
from the RADIUS server.  The Novell RADIUS NLM is showing these as user
authentication attempts. The Ascend docs are a little thin on how to either
turn retrieval off or how to add these parameters to the RADIUS server.

--
Shawn Barnhart swb@mercury.campbell-mithun.com
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight