(ASCEND) Having problems getting 2 TNT's to talk via ISDN

We have lost our primary and secondary feed into a remote site, we are now
trying to bring up an ISDN link between this site an our hub site.  I have
setup connection profiles on both sides with matching names, same passwords
under PPP, even tried setting it to no authentication.  My stop record shows
cause 40 with progress 70 on the call.  I can see the call being made and
the other TNT answering, the calling TNT shows it as MPP as the connection
profile is setup for.  Am I missing something simple??  Any help is greatly
appreciated as I have all of the manuals in front of me and am ready to
start feeding them into the shreader..

John Hough
IWBC