Re: (ASCEND) MAX6000's - Can they handle 4 PRI's ?

On 01-Dec-98, Wes Parker wrote:
>We are looking at replacing one of our MAX 4004's which is straining under
>the load of 3 PRI.  Our users having been complaining of lackluster
>performance ever since we added the 3rd PRI.

   How many modems does this Max have?  Is it taking Analog, or
 ISDN connections, or both?
   We have Max 4000 units that bog down with 4 PRIs, and others
 that do fine.

>Have some of you tried a 6000 with 4 PRI ?  Can it handle 96 simultaneous
>analog and ISDN users?  Or should we be looking at TNT's, PM3 or PM4's?

   I imagine the 6000 would do fine, although I have not yet
 used one.  I reccomend against the TNT.  We are still having
 a number of unresolved issues with it.

--
          Lars Nelson             Amiga 4000/040 @40Mhz 32MB RAM
    Technical Support Manager     Macintosh 7.6 in Amiga Window