On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 7:20 PM swede <danyberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for good firewall options, I've used IPCOP for a very long
> time, considering IPFIRE now.  I'm not interested in rolling my own, I just
> don't have the time.  Any other suggestions?  Also, looking for a good wifi
> PCIe card that is compatible with whatever distro you suggest as I want to
> run Red, Green, Blue and maybe sometime in the future Orange.  I have about
> 40+ devices connected at any given moment, from gaming to home office and
> even game servers.  Thanks.

Swede!!  It's been a while.

I've been messing around with firewalls myself.  I've recently set up
Untangle for a client, which is a commercial-ish product (but free in most
cases) and it's very full featured.  The problem is, for myself, it
absolutely requires 6GB of RAM and I don't have any firewall box candidates
laying around with enough RAM.

I've been recently told of a product called VyOS and it looks promising.
I'm hoping to spin it up in my lab soon.

Feel free to connect with me off list, it's been too long.

Brian