On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 2:23 PM Ryan Coleman <ryan.coleman at cwis.biz> wrote:

> I've played with pfSense, and it's OK, but limited in its feature set.
>
> Limited in what manner? I run many businesses in the Twin Cities on
> pfSense and have multiple MAN configurations going.

pfSense is very powerful in the L2/L3 sense, but I'm looking for something
that does "things that a firewall shouldn't" like content filtering and
captive portal.  pfSense can do that, sort of, but it's obviously not what
it's designed for.

I found a fork of pfSense called OPNsense,  It has all the beauty of
pfSense with the additional features that I'm wanting to play with.  It
looks very promising.

Thanks everyone for the responses!
Brian