I've been using Linux full time for 5-10 years now but I'm not a power
user. My main complaint is that Firefox uses more and more RAM for web
content buffers the longer you keep it open. My usual thing is to keep
it open and running for a couple weeks at a time until some
accumulated updates force a reboot or the system hangs.

After a few days start, when the web content buffers have filled most
of RAM and started to fill the swap file, new programs have longer
delays loading as Linux has to shuffle memory to make room. This takes
some amount of time even with a SSD. If I reboot or kill the web
content processes to release the RAM, the problem is solved until they
fill up again.

I had similar problems "way back when" with Win XP and Firefox. At
that time it was the web page buffer holding Internet images that grew
too large. I never had a lot of memory at the time and the web page
buffer grew to over 300MB and searching the buffer took longer than
downloading a new copy of the file. The problem was solved when I
forced the max buffer size to 30MB.

What I'd really like would be to do a similar size limit on the
current version of Firefox.

Doug.

--
I vote the Second Amendment FIRST!