Hello again, and thanks. Just a few things.

First, perhaps making the swap partition larger is helpful. Perhaps a
large memory video card helps with some uses. Perhaps using a memory
tester to find a needle in the haystack.

I've had some web sites really bog down, but I've heard the same from
windows users. Sometimes I get a "script not responding" browser
warning. Since some web sites love to punish you with advertising and
tracking after they detect your OS and browser. Perhaps you should
consider Linux browsers locking up a positive, not negative, feature.
Firefox has a running report how much it has blocked, and it's a lot.

Some fun chatter with a fun computer explorer here. I found Windows ME
with an NVidia TNT2 video card has great 1600x900 @60Hz graphics on the
modern displays. I have played with FreeDOS, Borland TurboPascal, and
QBasic, etc. Also, the Atmel AVRStudio 4 is a wonderful tool to learn
microcontroller assembly language. Just never let Windows ME touch the
internet.

Further, tk text widget GUI control can choose the blinking insert
cursor to be a square block or line, and even how fast it blinks. As if
it matters.

I run into farmers all the time bragging about BIG tractors, BIG land,
but they don't mention BIG BIG DEBT. Same with many of today's punk kids
with multi terabyte hard drives who must expect to live 500 years to use
it all.

Thanks again. And please keep sharing your experiences.