Just because I think like an old man doesn't mean you should, too. That
is a great link to a great company with great products.

Not to be too stodgy, but 8 hardware interrupt triggering signals on the
ancient Linux UART is still pretty cool. And "push pull" +-12V is still
a pretty good industrial signal. I wonder what Infrared is all about??