I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you do a web
search "linux howto nfs" you might find this

https://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO/preamble.html

The old "howto"s might have other networking ideas for you. If you have
a man page reader nfs.5 and also some manual listings in volume 8 might
help. Suse linux pro used to include the html "howtos" in the disk set,
as well as nice man page readers, like tkman and tkinfo, and even pdf
books on networking. And included easy set-up tools.

I don't think "localhost" is the best network name to choose, however.
It is already used, and might confuse.

I played with nfs many years ago, but it got silly talking to myself. So
now I blink led light bulbs on fancy wired and programmed microcontrollers.