On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 06:48:21AM -0600, o1bigtenor wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I have started monitoring, in a gross kind of way, my internet usage
> starting by using the 24hr graph on my router software (opensource).

OpenWRT?

If so, just install tcpdump. You probably don't have disk space to
save an unfiltered capture file on your router, so from your Linux
desktop, use something like script(1) to log the console, ssh into the
router, and run tcpdump on the WAN port.

You can then look at the log, and maybe narrow down the
source/destination, or protocol. Run tcpdump with a filter and capture
the frames into a pcap file. If you are worried about disk space, look
at the -c and -C options. Copy the capture off the router and use
wireshark to look at the traffic in more detail.

	  Andrew