> Danny,
>
> Welcome to the group!
>
>> My question is what is the BEST Linux OS out there?
>
> For what purpose?  Each variant, in my experience, is
> geared toward a different want and need. What are you
> hoping to get out of your installation?

  Shalom

I've found Manjaro and openSUSE to be helpful the past
few years. Prior to that I used Fedora and some others.

About 4 years ago I ported my on-line code generator
from Linux to FreeBSD.  Doing so led to an over 10%
smaller binary and reduced the number of lines of code
in my server.   I had been using Linux' epoll, but
switched to FreeBSD's kqueue.

Have you heard of  Distrowatch.com?  That site might be
able to help you find a distro.  Distrowatch also switched
from Linux to FreeBSD:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freebsd/comments/eodhit/switching_distrowatch_over_to_freebsd_ama/

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.