It would serve me well for you to start reading from the beginning of
this thread. It has already become dominated by every issue except the
first question, "does anybody know of a Twin Cities prototyping shop to
help solder a microcontroller board?"

In about 1987 I made a wire wrapped counter board, connected by RS232,
for a photomultiplier tube that counted photons measuring
chemiluminescent immunoassays. Determined the reaction kinetics for
"Homogeneous Ratiometric Chemiluminescent ImmunoAssays." AIDS testing
was important then, and armies of lab technicians handling radioisotopes
wasn't cool. Then I said to hell with it and loved raising my family.
People argued when I said integrated circuits were going to greatly
improve. Kind of like pushing fiber optics in 1982, "Who ever heard of
glass wires?"

Many years ago I liked the PCB breadboards from "Protostack," and
purchased some. Their website has become very nice over the years.

https://protostack.com.au/

Full specs are on their amazing web site. And the boards are beautifully
masked.

Their stackable breadboard PCB design easily accepts any DIP packages. I
just don't have high confidence anybody can solder 100 pins in
perfectly. But I can squirt a syringe into a hole.