I see what he wants.

Many word-processors have the option of embedding the filename and
location in a header, footer, or other location.  When you print a web
page, you can usually tell the browser to include the URL.  He wants
something equivalent to that here.  I assume it's so that when he's
looking at a print-out, or a copy sent to someone else, he knows where
to find the source file.

I started with:

# find ~/ -name filename -exec echo "{}"

and then my shell scripting fails.  You want to append the output of
the command to the file represented by the output of the command.

Conceptually:

# find ~/ -name filename -exec echo "{}" >> "{}" ";"

but it fails, I think on the append re-direct.

Maybe something with?

# find ~/ -name filename -ls | xargs