Business class routers will ignore this but still let you use the origination IP (like the 100.1) as part of the routing table. My old Netgear, which I defaulted and left with my ex when we split, had that IP and I still got the outside IP on my firewall for routing. I could call up the firewall webpage at any time using the internal IP but it was never part of my network design.