On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 10:46 AM Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 09:41:26AM -0600, gregrwm wrote:
> > i have a .zip (actually a java archive) in which i need to replace a
> script.
> >
> > unzip -Z currently shows:
> > >-rw----     2.0 fat  1365952 b- defN 09-Jan-01 00:00
> META-INF/com/google/
> > android/update-binary
> > >-rw-rw-r--  3.0 unx     1221 tx defN 19-Nov-20 00:37
> META-INF/com/google/
> > android/updater-script
> >
> > what do i need to do so updater-script is "fat...b-" instead of
> "unx...tx"?
>
> man zipinfo
>
>        zipinfo has a number of modes, and its behavior can be rather
> difficult to fathom if one isn't familiar with Unix ls(1) (or even
>        if one is).  The default behavior is to list files in the following
> format:
>
>   -rw-rws---  1.9 unx    2802 t- defX 11-Aug-91 13:48 perms.2660

>        The second and third fields indicate that the file was zipped under
> Unix with version 1.9 of zip.  Since it comes from Unix, the
>        file permissions at the beginning of the line are printed in Unix
> format.  The uncompressed file-size (2802 in this example)  is
>        the fourth field.
>
> So maybe you need Wine so you can run a DOS version of zip?

thank you.  as in much of life it seems the challenge is to ask the right
question.  what i really want is to get my phone working.  recent builds of
lineageos seem to need to have the first line of updater-script deleted.
of course that's buried in a java archive (.zip).  seemed easy enough, but
the updater-script won't run now, and i don't really know why.  so i'm
wondering if i should even try to pursue that further, or try to find where
to find older and working lineageos builds for my phone, or go looking for
some other rom.