Excellent!! Thanks!!

Radio Shack is still barely alive in Mora, MN. And Jameco Electronics
has (had) great catalogs that cover a lot of entry level electronics.
DigiKey will overwhelm many, but is certainly a great place for the
experienced. Ax-Man is OK, but electronics technology is worth getting
right. As you say, any 100 ohm resistor could create a problem.