I just upgraded two of my machines from 18.04 LTS to 19.04.  The
intermediary upgrade to 18.10 went fine, but the upgrade from 18.10 to
19.04 had some issues.  It seems like a lot of people are having the same
problems -- warnings of errors, that the system may have been made
nonfunctional, something about install-info, ...

Then I rebooted, and it was working, but how would I know what might be
wrong under the hood?  A google search took me here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/1825425

This guy claims to have a fix...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/1825425/comments/11

...so I ran his recommended code, starting with this test:

sudo grep -E "WARNING.*pixbuf" /var/log/dist-upgrade/apt-term.log

That did return output, so I ran the rest of it:

sudo apt install libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev
sudo mv /var/lib/dpkg/info/install-info.postinst /var/lib/dpkg/info/install-info.postinst.bad
sudo apt-get install --reinstall install-info
for X in $(sudo less /var/log/dist-upgrade/apt-term.log | egrep "Setting up|WARNING.*pixbuf" | grep -B1 pixbuf | grep Setting | awk '{print $3}'); do echo REINSTALLING: $X; sudo sudo apt-get --reinstall install $X; done

That seemed to be doing a lot.  I hope I needed it!  So then I rebooted
and it's still working.  I get some "System program problem detected"
popups, so I tried this to fix it by doing this:

sudo rm /var/crash/*.crash

Good idea?  I don't know!

The upgrade also changed Alt+Tab functionality to Super+Tab, which seemed
odd because I'd been using Alt+Tab forever.  So I went to

Settings > Devices > Keyboard
Navigation section
Switch applications

...and changed it to Alt+Tab

Anyway, it is strange, I think, that Ubuntu threw so many errors.  I'm not
sure how badly that upgrade went, and I don't know if the "fixes" fixed
it.  I do know that it seems to be working fine right now.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated!  Thanks.

Best,

Mike