On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:22 PM Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 12:00 PM <tclug-list-request at mn-linux.org> wrote:
>

>> Shalom
>>
>> I'm installing an AMD CPU into a Gigabyte motherboard.
>> That seems to have worked.  Now I'm trying to install the
>> Wraith cooler.  3 of the 4 screws tightened and stopped
>> turning, but one of them didn't.  What to do?  Try it like
>> this?  Tia
>>

> OK, I got it.  I wound up loosening the 3 screws that
> were tight and then starting over.

It's not booting though.  It does a long beep, followed by
two short beeps.  I took out one of ram sticks and same
thing.  The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-A320M-HD2
and I have DDR4-2666 ram.  This page:
https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/GIGABYTE/ga-a320m-hd2#MEMORYFilters
seems to indicate using DDR4-2400 ram.  But other sources
say that 2666 should be OK.  One person said that if the
ram fits it should work.   There's nothing on the monitor.

I'm trying to keep my old power converter (supply) that
works with my Haswell cpu and also keep my old ssd.
I didn't know that the ssd might not work with the new
equipment until I saw that page above.

I'm not sure how to proceed at this point.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net