> > That's good to know, but I'm wondering why you didn't do a dual
> > boot.

I didn't care to waste the space on my SSD with Windows since I boot
into Windows less than one time per year on this laptop.
(And I've been an unabashed self-proclaimed Microsoft-hater since
1988)  However, since Satya Nadella's tenure, I've softened that a wee
bit - I do really like Visual Studio Code for certain types of editing
tasks... but I still hate Windows and MS Office, and ...

On my 2009 MBP, I boot into Windows (Virtualbox guest) maybe 3-5 times
per year when I need to run VCDS to do stuff through the OBD II port of
my Audi(s).