The max build XPS-15 9560 2 years ago was $2500, the min build was
$1700 according to my spreadsheet.
The Samsung 960 Pro 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD 2 years ago was ~$700
The Intel BT/WiFi card 2 years ago was ~$30
The Dell TB16 Docking Station 2 years ago was ~$200
The 960 Pro was the top of the line back then, so this was the most
expensive replacement SSD at the time.
The OEM was a Toshiba SSD on my XPS-15.
Also note, that 2 years ago there was not available an external
enclosure for PCIe M.2 SSDs, so I literally have had to swap the SSD
cards to upgrade firmware, there are incompatible PCIe SSD card
external enclosures - the M.2 has a slightly different offset of the
gap in the card pins that the non-M.2 PCIe cards.
If you call Dell and speak to a sales rep, they can usually find some
type of discount for you that may not be available vie the web store,
that's been my experience.