Hi Dee.

I'm assuming you plan to put the camera on your home network without
having remote Internet access. That is my personal preference since I
don't trust most vendor-provided remote solutions. You shouldn't have
much trouble with just using your browser to display the video. Many
or most IP cameras can provide something that is compatible.

You didn't mention your camera. The biggest problem I've found is the
operating temperature range. Most vendors don't know what "outdoor"
means in Minnesota. A fairly low cost mini-dome PTZ camera is the
Escam PVR002. It is rated to -30C, -20F. If you want a larger
traditional dome PTZ camera with lots of zoom, you may need to make
sure it is a dome enclosure that includes a heater to make it work in
the cold Minnesota weather. Fixed cameras are easier to find.

And I'm sure you will want Power Over Ethernet POE. I'm sure you don't
want to run AC power for your remote camera. If the camera or network
switch doesn't handle POE, then you can find POE adapter cables to
use.

Good luck!  Doug.

--
Tomorrow is always better because it means you lived through today.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    Benjamin
Franklin