As always, thanks for the shared wisdom.

Firefox probably saves my browsing history whether I create a "sync"ed
device account or not. At least now I know they do. Firefox must have a
huge profile on me: nothing but foxnews.com. I won't expect to fool our
friendly politicians these days.

I never joined facebook or twitter either. But I did just refresh my
opensuse forums account. On first glimpse, all the hardware questions
are about nitpicking obscurities, not foundation standards.

Somebody could make a great home PC using Linux and modern silicon
chips. Probably what the hardware industry is afraid of.