Sweating it out, feeding the bugs in the boonies and I needed to play
computer again. I was able to get my 64bit opensuse 42.3 to work with
KDE by setting the display rendering from openGL2 to X11. Other choices
were Wayland and openGL3. Must be some crazy advanced graphics cards out
there!!

Now ambitious, I bought an opensuse 15.1 (latest) install DVD from ebay,
because OSDisc.com just closed. It didn't work and in reading opensuse
troubleshooting I learned the disc used SHA256 security to assure
downloads and disc integrity. Very nice of them. Question: Do other
distros do this???

And I browsed a little into their vast global download mirror system.
When you try download from their German site users are redirected to a
mirror site closer to you. So I'm feeling more ignorant the more I
learn. I'm sure many TCLUGers know this stuff.

I actually like feeling ignorant. I saw a documentary, "The Ethanol
Effect," and learned a little more about the Stanford University "Center
for Quantum Molecular Design." So I'm delighted smart people think
photochemistry and cellulose biofuel is a good renewable energy idea.

Wonderful to see smart young people doing great things.