On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 9:08 AM, Chris Frederick <cdf123 at cdf123.net> wrote:
> I have a grub-legacy setup on a usb drive.  I've dual booted windows and multiple linux distros long
> enough to not trust anyone with the boot partition, so I leave it unmount/unplug when installing oruseable
> upgrading.  It's saved me a lot of hassle with things like this.  As long as you don't have anything
> weird or fancy going on, and your bios is sane, it works.
>
> Haven't tried it with a grub-2 setup, but it should work.  Once you have a stable setup and
> everything works, it's just a matter of copying over the latest kernels.

This is the direction that I think I'm headed.
I'm on grub 2.xx (NOT legacy) and my last install was testing.
Any ideas on the text for adding stable into the mix?
Should I do another install this time to stable and first copying the
information from grub in the now
present testing install?

Thanking you for your assistance.

Dee