On Thu, 08 Nov 2018 12:00:02 -0600
Iznogoud opined:
> Good info harv. I am so glad that Linux did not end killing BSD-variants.

So am I. Was an Archlinux user for years but cancer known  as systemd
appeared so needed to look elsewhere. ~2016 tried TrueOS and fell in
love with zfs filesystem. Unfortunately, TrueOS 1803- the preconfigured
version hasn't updated since march. RC-1 and RC-2 of Project Trident
didn't work for me so installed FreeBSD 11.2 and lumina DE- developed
by Trueos devs- and am a happy camper :-)

>Tonight I am meeting with my hardcore hackker group

Would like to meet up/talk with like minded individuals.
Construction worker by trade living in middle of nowhere.
Used to go to Norlug meetings but they seem to no longer exist.
<snipped>