Apples and Tomatoes... (they're both fruits)
Yes, I've heard of, and worked with, and implemented many suites of
tools mentioned in this thread.
The problem still remains - a lack of parity with the microsoft windows
and mac os x tools, and that's still the main barrier to linux adoption
on the desktop.
The robustness of these tools are still a barrier to adoption in
traditional thinking organizations.
I wish this weren't the case but it is.