On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 04:55:01PM +0000, Iznogoud wrote:
> What I am looking for is as specific and detailed information as possible on
> how to go about building a functional Linux OS derived from an existing
> distribution that will run on an embedded system (say an ARM product).

Embedded covers a wide range of systems. Are we talking about a NAS
box with lots of storage, a WIFI access point, the center console of
your auto, a drone?

In generally, i just run Debian on everything, making use of the
bootloader which is already there, and if needed, adding extra storage
via a USB stick or SD card.

    Andrew