On 02/14 09:54 , Marc Skinner wrote:
> I have used raid and jbod cards from High-Point for 8 years or so. They have
> both CLI and webconsoles.  They have a variety of price points.
>

> http://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/main.htm
>
> I'm currently using: the 2720SGL
>
> in both 8x2TB RAID5, with hot spare and 8x2TB RAID10, with hot spare.
>
> http://highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series_rr272x.htm

Thanks for the suggestions.
Reviews for (at least some) Highpoint RAID controllers on Newegg aren't
particularly glowing unfortunately.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=highpoint&ignorear=0&N=100007607%20600022700%20600022720%20600022755&isNodeId=1

Also, some people say it's not really hardware RAID, just firmware RAID. I'm
not so concerned about speed here as I am about redundancy tho.

Having had some RAID controllers which seemed to be fine right up until the
point they ate company data (Promise Supertraks, long gone), I'm a bit leery
of RAID controllers with mixed reviews.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator