Greetings

I am unable to resolve the present mess so I'm asking questions to see if
there is news (have looked using both duckduck and ms google (who insisted
in opening porn website when I clicked on the proffered links) and haven't
found anything useful.

Early last evening I did my $ apt update and was told that I had about 240+
packages in my Debian buster (10 or testing) system that were needing
upgrading. So just before I'm headed out the door for an evening meeting I
start the process (my high-speed access, being rural, is just a lot short
of quick!). Got home too timed and so went to bed without check the
computer status. This morning, I log information on a lot of things
starting right from wakeup, I go to enter the first bits of stuff and see
some kind of notice re: apparmor blah blah I read it (ddin't really think
much about it either sorry) and hit q for the notice to go away and the
install to start happening. Well after this is completed I check using $
dpkg -l | egrep ^ii to see how things went. Well - - - I have a huge list
conprising most of any useful package that is listed as ii - - -
incompletely installed and incompletely configured. I picked an innocuous
packages youtube-dl and tried to use $ apt install --reinstall youtube-dl.
Usually this clears this incomplete issue - - - but not this time.

Is my system now set up for a huge crash?
What can I do, or better, what should I do the 'fix' this miasma?

TIA

Dee