You're explaining something to me that I don't understand.
In particular...........

"find the partition where the system is installed, and
change the hash of the password to a blank. You are looking for the file
"/etc/shadow" in one of those partitions."

Can you please be much more specific? Remember -
you are talking to a newbie - a real newbie!
Don't know what a hash is especially one to a blank.
I just don't understand why this happened anyway.
Can you explain that?