Sincere thanks again. Please allow me to throw out some concepts that
recently seem interesting to me. Remember, I'm basically a sweaty stinky
nature lover and pretend farmer. But the dirt really makes me cherish
MPR Classical radio we get perfect out here. And hack Linux programming
really allows me to pretend I'm still civilized.

As regards the X book, a nice picture shows the ancient separation of
mainframe CPU/Memory/Storage running the Application called an "X
Client." And the little "X Terminal" Display sat in front of the user
and is called the "X Server." This is backwards from some other
client/server arrangements, but certainly might make sense in creating
eg. security cameras all displaying on one screen.

I didn't yet find a good explanation of "Graphics Context" in the book.
Maybe later. But I would love to see some local Minnesota users of the
open source XForms Library. Great documentation, all C code, built from
Xlib alone. I backed myself into a corner making a FreePascal wrapper,
locking in hard coded 32 bit pointers then used by Pascal Records to
replace C Structures, and other data types. But the simple Pascal
Records and Objects really clarified and fixed some demos and other
things I tried.

Another thing I just did was a little demo using Local(Unix) sockets
with type "SOCK_SEQPACKET," instead of streams. A very handy
asynchronous and connection controlled recent Linux IPC. A first come
first served queue of connect requests.

The answer I was looking for in the old Bach book I actually found in
"Linux Programming by Example" by Kurt Wall. Using the "pipe" system
call gives you 2 "file descriptors" pointing to "an in core inode" that
must be created in the kernel itself.

Unix was engineered, and works like a symphony orchestra.