> FWIW, I virtualized (well, containerized) my MythTV box on top of
> Proxmox last year and have been very happy with the result.  Beyond it
> being stable, it'll be trivial to snapshot the next time I find myself
> in Dan's shoes and think that it'd be *smart* to upgrade the OS, the
> version of MythTV, etc.

Do you have specific detailed instructions? I am not interested in mythtv and
I do not have one, but I would like to know what you have done. I am sure
others are interested. Or post a link of where you found your info.

> For front end duty, may I recommend https://mrmc.tv/ ?  It runs on top
> of Amazon FireTV devices and AppleTV ones, among others. Yes, they're
> not open source.  On the other hand, they consume very low power,
> generally have little maintenace, and (due to the locked down nature)
> also run Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and all the other commercial and
> ad-supported stuff you could want.  Just having a single box hooked to
> the TV and either one or a pair of remotes (TV and box) with only the
> on/off button being used on the TV one has greatly increased the
> Spouse Acceptance Factor.

I did not know of mrmc, probably because I do not have much use for it. But
it is the evolution of Xbmc... I did buy an old Xbox 10 years ago just so that
I can use Xbmc.

One thing I hated about this website is that I did look and could not find on
what hardware/OS it was running. I had to search "mrmc wikipedia" to get the
scoop. Wow people... make your websites useful.