Mike Miller writes:

> Way back I used to use WinAmp.  It managed very large numbers of files
> quite handily.  Then I moved everything to Linux and I never found
> something that worked as well for me.  I'd like to try again.  What are
> you guys recommending these days?

Amarok is the first one on this list:
https://www.linuxalt.com/linux-alternatives-to/windows/winamp.html

> Back in 2010 I asked about it and
> Amarok was recommended by some, but it was seen as possibly on the way
> out.  There must be something great by now, right?

When it comes to C++ libraries, I sometimes think I'll wait a
while and see if it becomes more obvious which libs are
winning and which are losing.  It takes longer than I would
have imagined though for things to get sorted out.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards