This particular box is a frontend and backend (and NAS) in one... so it handles all my
recording OTA.

I could probably move my recording cards to my main computer... but then I still have to
come up with an entire new frontend.

I've always been happy with mythtv while it was in the "its working" stage... which is
usually would sit at for years at a time.

And then, I'd get *smart* and try to upgrade it to current, or upgrade the OS... and spend
the next 2 days re-learning mythtv all over again :)

If I can get the caps (which I've already ordered) soldered on for a reasonable price...
its certainly the easiest option at the moment since everything else works.

I'm just afraid that caps on a motherboard is beyond my skill level with a soldering
iron.... but I'll try anyway :)

If/when that fails... I guess I'll have to figure out if I can put a modern MB in this
case, or if I'm truly starting from scratch and building a new NAS / Tuner / frontend box.

Dan