Does anyone know if there is someplace in town that would take a shot at replacing some
blown capacitors on a motherboard?

At least, I'm 99% sure they are why it won't boot anymore.

I'd just replace the board, but its too old, and nobody sells socket 775 boards anymore
with the right sockets to work in my mythtv frontend.

Alternatively, if anyone still uses mythtv, do you have up-to-date recommendations on
building a low-power frontend these days?

I hate to abandon so much other working hardware that does the job fine (tuners, etc)
simply because I can't find a board to put them back into.

Thanks,

Dan