> Ha!  That's good -- we don't want Windows experts.  My only reason for
> keeping Windows is that I have some programs for managing musical
> equipment and they are Windows-only.  If I didn't have them, I'd drop the
> Windows altogether, and on my last two laptops, I did exactly that -- just
> wiped the partition and made it all ext4.

I use Frutti Loops (FL) STudio for music sequencing and other things. It is a
Windows build htat Image-Line (the maker) sells. I run it over WINE 32bit that
is built on top of my Slackware workstation on an AMD Opteron. It is amazing
to see it and the plugins work flawlessly. So there may be a WINE-way for you
too.

Image-Lines _official_ port of FL Studio to Macintosh is to buy Crossover from
Codeweavers (by hwy 280 and Univ Ave in St Paul, MN) and run it there. Wow!