On Fri, 10 Aug 2018, Iznogoud wrote:

>> Yep.  It worked.  I had a MOK enrollment thingy to deal with, but my
>> guesses were correct enough and after reboot I had WiFi.  Thank
>> goodness that is over!  ;-)
>>
>> Thanks everyone for the tips.  Also, thanks to the many people who ask
>> questions and post answers on Linux internet forms.
>
> I do not know if I am more disappointed in you for having to reboot to
> get the wifi working, or that you did not go old school and grab the
> Windows driver DLL of the hardware and compile a module with
> ndiswrapper. Man, those were the days!

Ha!  I'm quite happy not knowing how to do any of those things.  ;-)

Back in the day ... I would hire someone to do it!

Now it's easy enough that I can do it myself.  But you're right, I
probably could have restarted networking to get it done, but this laptop
takes 20 seconds to reboot!!  It would take me longer than that to
remember the correct command for restarting networking -- I'm all about
efficiency.

Mike