> ..easily get 20-30 tabs (new ones that is) in a few hours of work. Now if
> the software actually worked it wouldn't be an issue but now - - - well I
> can't seem to back up my tab list quickly enough.

agree, shouldn't crash, the user base will evaporate pretty quickly if that
keeps up.  happily quantum doesn't crash for me, tho i regularly crash it
by just flipping off the power strip, ext3 journals make recovery a
non-issue.  doesn't it still have all your tabs on relaunch?  does for me,
-esr or quantum, and they don't load again until they get focus, which is
good.  you might just need to set some preference so they're still there on
relaunch.