On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:27 PM Mike Miller <mbmiller+l at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the fix I need might be as simple as finding the right rule, changing
> the number to a lower value and hardcoding user and group.

It's been a while since I did udev rules for usb.  But, I need to do
it again since my home server now has two external drives.

But, last time I did it was along the lines of:

Create udev rules to static assign devices
Mount devices and set group permissions appropriately
Create entries in fstab or auto.misc file depending on if wanted mount
at boot time or access time

It was really pretty easy, and IIRC I followed rules similar to what I
did with ASM devices on RAC clusters.  Only took a couple of minutes
to do it

-Shawn