Leave it to you, Brian, to turn a simple email asking for help starting OS
services into an ad for your pet project....

I was asking why you were reinventing the wheel and trying to manually
modify startup scripts to start a service at boot, when the OS already
provides tools to specify what services to start at boot, the example in
the official docs are the very service you were trying to start, and the
docs were very easy to find.

It's a moot point, though, since you appear to have thrown the baby out
with the bathwater, and installed an entirely new OS rather than learn how
to make minor, supported changes, and use the one you had.

Respectfully,
Jeff