On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 07:43:19AM -0500, Scott Raun wrote:
> I dropped my LG G3 one too many times - the touch screen is now only
> kind-of responding to very heavy touches.  My diagnosis is that I
> either need my existing screen remounted or replaced.
>
> Anyone have local repair shops to recommend or dis-recommend?

And my diagnosis was wrong.

I ended up at ubreakifix in Richfield.  They did a free diagnostic,
and determined I have a motherboard fault.  They tried a different
battery (the old one has been swelling), and observed the same thing I
did - screen not responding to taps, kind of responding to very heavy
pushes.  They tried at least two different known-good digitizer/screen
units - they both had the same problem.

I'll be charging it enough to turn it on and plug it into my computer
to pull data, then I'm declaring it junk.

Anyone want an LG G3 for parts?

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org