Partial differential equations is what I solve (numerically and sometimes
analytically) all day. Spill the beans bro! (Privately if you are inclined.)
Maybe I can assist.

Respectfully...

I disagree that governments are impediments. Try living and having a functional
banking, food distribution, health-care system in a lawless place (like Somalia)
and then come criticize the first world for having impediments. We are taking
a little too much for granted. I advocate less bureaucracy and positive change,
but I am never quick to blame how things work -- there is always a good reason.

[RANT]
I have observed that when an organization has an issue, it seems like the
biggest problem in the world. Young, eager change-inducers come in and have a
sentiment like this: "who was stupid enough to make things work this way/"
and never question what got things to be how they are. Seen it and hate it.
People are too reactive in my opinion. And they also forget history quickly.

Read Timothy Snyder's "on Tyranny" which is the best $10 I spent this year.
[/RANT]