Thanks for reading my TCLUG post.

It is remarkable to us old guys how much can be and is done with
computers these days. From 8 bit micro-controllers to super computers,
programming to fabrication, etc. Applications in autos, communications,
automation, military, etc.

I'm less worried by the new neighbors from Florida and Burnesville.
Minnesota winter hits and they put their guns, motorcycle, and 4
wheelers away.

I think I'm going to stick with the old RS-232 ports. Linux has a great
posix tty driver that does plenty on the UART without DOS. Most
microcontrollers have at least one UART. The line voltages can be
handled with an adapter like MAX232, but most ignore all the modem
control lines. So I have to fabricate my own adapter boards. Didn't want
to have to try do circuit board work, but who knows, it might be OK??